Alliance Hypérion Index du Forum
Alliance Hypérion Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

Robert Lowell Setting The River On Fire A Study Of Genius

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Alliance Hypérion Index du Forum -> Hypérion public - Général -> La Place Publique
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
welcomark

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 17:34 (2017)    Sujet du message: Robert Lowell Setting The River On Fire A Study Of Genius Répondre en citant

In this magisterial study of the relationship between illness and art, the best-selling author of An Unquiet Mind, Kay Redfield Jamison, brings an entirely fresh understanding to the work and life of Robert Lowell (1917-1977), whose intense, complex, and personal verse left a lasting mark on the English language and changed the public discourse about private matters.

In his Pulitzer Prize-winning poetry, Robert Lowell put his manic-depressive illness (now known as bipolar disorder) into the public domain, creating a language for madness that was new and arresting. As Dr. Jamison brings her expertise in mood disorders to bear on Lowell’s story, she illuminates not only the relationships among mania, depression, and creativity but also the details of Lowell’s treatment and how illness and treatment influenced the great work that he produced (and often became its subject). Lowell’s New England roots, early breakdowns, marriages to three eminent writers, friendships with other poets such as Elizabeth Bishop, his many hospitalizations, his vivid presence as both a teacher and a maker of poems—Jamison gives us the poet’s life through a lens that focuses our understanding of his intense discipline, courage, and commitment to his art. Jamison had unprecedented access to Lowell’s medical records, as well as to previously unpublished drafts and fragments of poems, and she is the first biographer to have spoken with his daughter, Harriet Lowell. With this new material and a psychologist’s deep insight, Jamison delivers a bold, sympathetic account of a poet who was—both despite and because of mental illness—a passionate, original observer of the human condition.

Robert Lowell, Setting the River on Fire: A Study of Genius, Mania, and Character book download Robert Lowell, Setting the River on Fire: A Study of Genius, Mania, and Character book iCloud

Tags: book RapidShare, audio book, access review bookshop itunes free, book DropBox, epub free, information wiki author book francais, free android audio selling djvu, book get pdf, online iBooks offline eng free, book DepositFiles, audiobook free, free doc, book for android, wiki online full read shop, pc read value kickass francais, book SkyDrive, book text format, book from lenovo free, direct link book mp3 find how download, download without account, book view, book torrent, kindle pdf book macbook mobile, book book free from Galaxy, purchase book, book Mega, story pocket amazon download djvu, mobile ebook, free online iphone, book from motorola read, book download, book book free from xiaomi, book from lenovo free, audio book, find audio pc bookstore book, tpb free torrent, ebook free download, book read, read free ipad

All rights reservedAnd if you're just joining us, my guest is Kay Redfield Jamison, who is a professor in mood disorders and a professor of psychiatry at the Johns Hopkins University School of MedicineWhy Be Jewish?: A Testament In later years, regrets about ones life are not uncommon, but to develop an absorbing new interest is rare'River On Fire' Explores Genius, Madness And The Poetry Of Robert Lowell Lowell is talking about his terror of going mad againAs time progressed, the people, the identification changedYou know, and as you - as you described, he used blood and he used fire throughout his poetryAnd he wrote about depression a lotBack Articles Interviews Quizzes Music Lists Best Music of the Year

But what - he was very aware, and his doctors observed it and many of his friends and colleagues observed it, that his manias tended, at the beginning of his manias, to lead him into writing a fresh kind of poetry, a lot of poetryAbout The American Journal of Psychiatry Advertisers Media & Journalists Authors & Reviewers Reprints & Permissions Copyright American Psychiatric AssociationGROSS: Bipolar disorder often comes on in a person's teenage yearsWith this new material and a psychologist's deep insight, Jamison delivers a bold, sympathetic account of a poet who was--both despite and because of mental illness--a passionate, original observer of the human condition"-- Provided by publisherJAMISON: YesTERRY GROSS, HOST: This is FRESH AIRGROSS: Was he aware of his mood swings, the extremeness of his mood swings as a mental disorder, as an illness? JAMISON: Absolutely, and very articulate on it

People loved himWhat did you want to learn about the connection between bipolar disorder and creativity, or as your subtitle puts it, genius and mania, by writing this book about Lowell? KAY REDFIELD JAMISON: My primary interest wasn't writing about Lowell, whose work I loveCaroline had grown terrified of his rages; she hadnt realized he was slowly going mad againBut on the other hand, you have these women writers who say to the person, you know, what an extraordinarily supportive person he was of their work and of their poetry, often getting grants for them, often lining up fellowships for them and so forthHe didn't like going to the hospital, not very many people doBut now I feel like I sort of zip around with the same level of enthusiasm that I used to have when, you know, I was adolescent before I ever got psychotic

So you've been speaking a lot on college campuses in addition to teaching at Johns Hopkins because students are among the people who might be starting to experience the effects of bipolar disorder and not really understand what's going onLowell was a wonderful father, Harriet says, present and loving ..Mortality: Come; I bell thee home -- Life blown towards evening -- Bleak-boned with survival -- He is out of bounds now -- Appendix I: Psychiatric records of Robert Lowell -- Appendix II: Mania and depression: clinical description, diagnosis and nomenclature -- Appendix III: Medical history of Robert Lowell (by Thomas Traill, FRCP)(8,049) Writers Conferences Put Authors on the Road to Success (7,802) Four Ways to Connect with Your Tribe as an Author (5,743) Recent Articles From Author to Super-Speaker 10 Tips for How to Land a TV Interview Through the Writers Eyes: An Evening of Radical Hope GROSS: You had access to Robert Lowell's medical recordsEvents Guide Real Estate T Magazine Travel Weddings & Celebrations Listings & More Classifieds Tools & Services Times Topics Public Editor N.Y.CIn his Pulitzer Prize-winning poetry, Robert Lowell put his manic-depressive illness (now known as bipolar disorder) into the public domain, creating a language for madness that was new and arrestingIn the beginning, the dated matter seems stifling, but a deeper message prevailsHe had an extreme case of bipolar disorder and wrote about mania and depression in his poetrySo it's an improved version

He made an excellent living even during the depressionIt was just a, you know, literally a manic relationshipWith a mind like Lowells, biographical details would only get in the wayBut I'm terrified of itYou know, in his medical records, you'll see the doctor said, Mr 48a4f088c3

The History of the Reign of Queen Anne: Digested Into Annals, Volume 10 Abel BoyerA Collection Of Gesture-Signs And Signals Of The North American Indians: With Some Comparisons (1880)New+Orleans%3A+The+Place+And+The+PeopleAll-New Guardians Of The Galaxy (2017-) #1My Cornish LifeGuide to Taxidermy (Classic Reprint)Beach Boys ForeverFluffy Little Pekingese Toy Dog Journal: 150 Page Lined Notebook/DiaryYour Notebook! Mother Of Pearl (Volume 5)Pesticide Post Harvest Application Log (Logbook, Journal - 124 pages, 6" x 9"): Pesticide Post Harvest Application Logbook (Blue Cover, Medium) (Logbook/Record Books)

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 17:34 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Alliance Hypérion Index du Forum -> Hypérion public - Général -> La Place Publique Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | créer son forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
darkages Template © larme d'ange